Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Janitors - Strike of the Sweepers by Tyler Whitesides (book review)



It has taken me longer to review this book than I had planned.  Why, you ask…because I couldn't wrestle it away from my children long enough to actually read it! 
Strike of the Sweepers is the fourth book in Tyler Whitesides' Janitors series.  I have to say that Whitesides has an incredible imagination.  In each book I  am always amazed at the ideas he comes up to "glopify" cleaning supplies - the rake was classic.  That would come in handy for a couple of my children ;-).
Although my kids were super excited to read the "next" one, I will admit I wasn't all that thrilled.  It seems like every author nowadays writes a series and most of them really shouldn't.  After two or three books the story usually becomes repetitive and  VERY predictable.  I will admit I was expecting nothing less from this series.  However, I was pleasantly surprised.  The plot of course was predictable, but there were enough surprises thrown in to keep you guessing and make it enjoyable.
While this probably isn't a "classic" - it is a good book for kids and adults who want a quick fun read.

No comments:

Post a Comment