Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Too much excitement

Well, July was certainly not a dull month!  The first two weeks we were on vacation.  We spent a few days in Colorado.  We had a great time and then went on to Omaha to visit family and attend a wedding.  It was so good to see all the family, but sad that I didn't get a chance to see everyone (especially my friends!).
Then at the end of the month we went camping.  We went to our favorite spot at the Blue Ridge Reservoir.  This was the first time we brought the dog.  He wasn't real excited about always being chained up.  But at least he wasn't alone in the back yard or running away!  We always seem to have some adventure while camping.  This time we met a rattle snake - yikes!  It was hiding under our cooler.  Thank you Heavenly Father for watching over us and not letting it bite anyone!
Then when we got home from camping, I opened the freezer to put the ice packs back and a frozen 2-liter bottle of water fell on my foot - breaking my toe - ouch!!!  So after hobbling around for a week on crutches, I am now hobbling around in a wooden shoe.  It is highly fashionable - ha!
Why do I freeze a bottle of water you ask?  It's all the chickens fault!!  It gets really hot here in the summer (I know that's hard to believe!), so to keep my girls cool, I put a frozen bottle in their water each morning. - yes, they are spoiled!
So as you can see there has been just too much excitement in our house for one month!!

No comments:

Post a Comment