Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Stepping in it

I have a very strong personality. I am rarely offended by the things people say and I hardly ever take things personally. This may sound great, but it is actually my greatest weakness. Because I don't take things personally, I forget that most people do. I tend to say what I am thinking without "thinking" and I end up saying something that wouldn't bother me at all, but really hurts the person I am speaking to. I seem to have done a lot of that this week. Oh the wisdom of hindsight -if only I could gain it before hand!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you Toni as far as the strong personality and saying what I'm thinking. I do tend to take things personally though. I hope everything will be able to be smoothed out in a happy way for you. I know how hard it is to realize you've hurt someone's feelings and then apologize and not get forgiven. I hope that isn't the case for you. You're an awesome person and I admire you alot. Prayers and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a strong willed person as well...which is probably one of the reasons I like you so much. I do tend to take things personally, although it is one of my flaws that I have been working on.

    I think all this stuff will work out. I'm just glad that it did come to the surface so it CAN be worked out. I hope that nothing I have said or done has offended you. Take care!

    ReplyDelete